Report the evolution of Emacs Lisp sources.

From: A Soare
Subject: Report the evolution of Emacs Lisp sources.
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:05:01 +0200 (CEST)

In this moment, the only method to see how the code of emacs evaluated is

One can show the differences, by comparing the internal representation of the
lisp code tree of 2 versions. I saw this idea for the C code here:
http://www.cs.umd.edu/~mwh/papers/evolution.pdf .

An advantage of this method would be to report only one when the name of a
variable changes. This method will also ignore to report the null-effect
characters like blanks or empty new lines. diff reports everything.

What do you think, it would be useful such a tool to make reports of lisp code
changes? Maybe I will try it, but it might be _realy_ useful?

Avant de prendre le volant, repérez votre itinéraire et visualisez le trafic !