Re: Problems building CVS Emacs on Windows XP using MinGW

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: Problems building CVS Emacs on Windows XP using MinGW
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:05:08 -0700

This sounds depressingly similar to the problem I reported here:

        http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/100565

I never got a solution to it, although my message started a flame war.
I _did_ come up with a tolerable workaround, though: I build emacs _on
Linux_, with "make dist"; that byte-compiles the .el files, and the
resulting tarball built just fine on Vista.  That might work for you,
too, since your problem (like mine) appears to be in the byte
compilation.

--
When it comes to electronic voting, most liberals are just plain
old-fashioned nuts.