Re: [Emacs.app dev]: ghost cursor problem is still there

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: [Emacs.app dev]: ghost cursor problem is still there
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 14:13:41 -0700

["emacs.app dev list" <address@hidden>
 trimmed from the CC list, please do not CC closed list to posts to
 public mailing lists].

David Reitter <address@hidden> writes:

  > On 23 Aug 2008, at 13:30, Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
  > >>
  > >> +       drawGlyph = 1; // just draw the Glyph
  > >>         [FRAME_BACKGROUND_COLOR (f) set];
  > >> !
  > >> !       NSDisableScreenUpdates ();
  > >

  > > Unfortunately this breaks GNUStep:
  >
  > Not a problem; I have checked in a fix.

Thanks.

  > Can you let us know how well this works on GNUStep?
  > Is there a lot of flicker when moving the cursor or in blink-cursor-
  > mode?

Unfortunately, the only machine I have access to that runs GNUStep is
behind a slow link, so it won't be relevant...

  > >  Also please make sure that your log entries are properly formatted:
  > >
  > > Like ChangeLog, it should contain the changed function name,
  >
  > OK, I can do that.  I modeled my earlier comments after others in that
  > file, e.g. from 2008-08-01.
  >
  > Could you explain to me how the ChangeLog and the CVS comments should
  > differ semantically?

AFAIK they should be identical, except for formatting, no need to indent
the CVS logs with a TAB.
If you use PCL-CVS to do the checkin, and first write the ChangeLog
entry, it will automatically copy and reformat it into the log buffer.