Re: Cocoa Emacs

From: Lynbech Christian
Subject: Re: Cocoa Emacs
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:31:17 +0200

It used to be that the following configure option would enable
installation to /Application:

  --enable-carbon-app[=DIR]
                          specify install directory for Emacs.app on Mac OS X
                          [DIR=/Application]

but it no longer is so. Now installation goes to ./ns (I think, I am not
close to my mac) inside of the emacs source directory. The chance
happened when the cocoa branch was merged in (possibly it is just that
the cocoa branch did not take that carbon functionality with it).

It is actually rather usefull (if a bit out of line with the other
architectures) since it makes it easy to test out the compiled result
without wrecking an existing installation in /Application and it is
anyway easy to do the proper "installation", just move the .app
directory to /Application.

Christian Lynbech       | christian #\@ defun #\. dk
                                        - address@hidden (Michael A. Petonic)