Re: Visual line movement inconsistency

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Visual line movement inconsistency
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 09:46:06 +0900

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:
> But is this inconsistent behavior of C-n/C-p and C-a/C-e really the
> intended default?  I think it would be better if C-a/C-e respected the
> value of `line-move-visual', too.  Then the default would be like
> visual-line-mode without word-wrapping.

It was discussed and the current behavior seemed to be the consensus

I agree that it can be confusing, but I think it's much more dangerous
to change the default behavior of C-a/C-e, because people depend a lot
more on their precise behavior (whereas C-n/C-p are more often used in
conjunction with visual feedback).

Alliance, n. In international politics, the union of two thieves who have
their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pockets that they cannot
separately plunder a third.