Re: Why @#! is not Emacs using the Recycle bin on w32?

From: Gilaras Drakeson
Subject: Re: Why @#! is not Emacs using the Recycle bin on w32?
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:24:26 -0400

   Lennart Borgman writes:

> I just deleted a file because I misunderstood dired. I needed that file
> (of course).
>
> And then I found that dired did not make any backup and did not use
> windows Recycle bin.

Can we have another dired keybinding for move-file-to-trash?
(e.g., `b', with companion `% b'. This can be called dired-do-bury).

IMO, both delete and move-file-to-trash are useful.

Personally, I use move-file-to-$HOME/tmp (instead of trash), which is a
swamp of probably unused-for-a-while files. Most downloaded stuff
initially get there, too, as well as quick random hacks and tests. When
I get a chance to do `file management', I browse the swamp and pick
useful items and put them somewhere meaningful.

Gilaras