xmlgen.el: inclusion?

From: Phil Jackson
Subject: xmlgen.el: inclusion?
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 15:43:57 +0100

Hi,

Correct me if emacs already has this functionality, but...

I knocked up an xml generation (xmlgen, I have no imagination) tool that
I think may be handy enough for inclusion. I only use it for basic
stuff, but find I use it a lot:

    (xmlgen
     '(html
       (head (title "Hello"))
       (body :id "anid" :class "aclass"
        (h1 "Hello"))))

    =>

    "<html>
      <head>
        <title>Hello</title>
      </head>

        <h1>Hello</h1>

(The output isn't indented like that. It'll be on one line.)

I expect there are a few modules in emacs itself that might benefit from
it making big `format' statements more manageable (erm, and slower).

Cheers,
Phil
--
 Philip Jackson