Re: Rmail-mbox branch

From: Paul Michael Reilly
Subject: Re: Rmail-mbox branch
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 18:00:49 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 03:03:41 -0400
From: Paul Michael Reilly <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
        address@hidden

I think that we are saying that the Rmail/mbox message presentation
buffer should decode as much of the MIME pieces as it can.  The task
here is to make the Rmail/mime contributions a first class part of
Rmail.  The developer with the initials "as" started that ball rolling
with (p/r)mailmm.el which is apparently based on Alexander Pohoyda's
work.  This is the direction I plan to take. Comments?

My comment is that we should first make Rmail/mbox perform as well as
Rmail/Babyl, in this regard.  This means you need to be able to decode
the body of a single-part message and display it correctly.  As soon
as this part is done, we can recommend Rmail users to switch to
Rmail/mbox.  The multi-part/MIME handling can be improved later.

Sounds unanimous.

-pmr