Re: [Torsten Bronger] 23.0.60; Unicode display problems

From: Torsten Bronger
Subject: Re: [Torsten Bronger] 23.0.60; Unicode display problems
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:12:28 +0200

Hallöchen!

Kenichi Handa writes:

> In article <address@hidden>, Torsten Bronger
> <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> > How about the incorrect cursor moving?
>
>> This is still there.  See, for example
>> http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/torsten.bronger/utf8test.txt.gz
>
>> I can't move the cursor freely in this 3-character text file.  It
>> hangs at the combining tilde accent.
>
> Sigh.  I still can't reproduce it both with and without
> m17n-lib/libotf.  What does "hangs" exactly means?  Emacs
> hangs and no more key is accepted?  Or, just the cursor
> doesn't move to the next of tilde accent?

No, Emacs doesn't hang.  I just can only pass the character with the
cursor rightwards.  If I press on the left arrow key for moving back
to the beginning of the file, movement stops at the diacritic
character.  I still can go back to the right or bottom, but I can't
get *before* the diacritic.

If I jump upwards with PgUp, this works at first.  However, pressing
an arbitrary arrow key jumps downwards to the diacritic character.
It feels like a wall for the cursor, permeable only in one
direction.

Tschö,
Torsten.

                   Jabber ID: address@hidden