Re: composition bug

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: composition bug
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:31:01 +0200

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> (gdb) br composite.c:1432

Thanks, I should have started there because the problem was
immediately obvious when in gdb: an EMACS_INT arg was being
given the literal -1, which is int.  On my machine (amd64),
EMACS_INT is long and due to the traditional function prototype
the value isn't casted automatically.  I installed a fix.

By the way, it looks like the functions in this file use int for
buffer positions in many places, there could be other bugs like this
one.  Building with `-Wtraditional-conversion' on amd64 finds quite
a few occurrences of width mismatch.