Word wrapping and long lines

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Word wrapping and long lines
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 00:13:39 +0200

I guess I did not follow the changes to word wrapping etc closely
enough. Now I am a bit confused.

I look in the Options menu at "Line Wrapping in this Buffer".

The first alternative there, "Wrap at Window Edge" and the third, "Word
Wrap (Visual Line Mode)" are surprisingly similar. I mean in behaviour.
What am I missing?

And what about longlines-mode, is it not welcome to that sub-menu?