Strange behavior of word isearch

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Strange behavior of word isearch
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 12:58:37 -0400

Hi Juri,

The isearch word commands that you checked in a couple of months ago
seem pretty buggy.  The search never succeeds.  For example, if I try to
search for the words "learn basic" in the Emacs welcome screen:

emacs -q       Enters the welcome screen

M-s w          Starts isearch-forward-word

l              Emacs beeps and the prompt says "Failing word I-search:"

earn           The prompt still says "Failing word I-search:"
               even though the word "learn" is now highlighted as an
               "other match".

SPC            The prompt still says "Failing word I-search:"

basic          The prompt still says "Failing word I-search:"

Could you try to fix this?