Re: Recent CVS Emacs breaks color-themes

From: Manoj Srivastava
Subject: Re: Recent CVS Emacs breaks color-themes
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 22:13:00 -0500

On Sun, Oct 05 2008, Kenichi Handa wrote:

> In article <address@hidden>, Manoj
> Srivastava <address@hidden> writes:

>>         The first C-x b <return> puts me in the *scratch*
>>  buffer. Everything in the buffer is readable at that point. I load the
>>  color-theme package, and load the deep blue color theme, and now every
>>  character in the buffer is replaced by an square box.
>
> I tried exactly the same thing, but can't reproduce the
> bug.  Aren't there anyone else who can reproduce this bug?

        Well, I tried again from tonight's version, and I can still
 reproduce it every time.

>>         This happens every single time here. I can provide the
>>  color-theme.elc file (also found in the Debian package emacs-goodies)
>>  to help in debugging.   I tried attaching the color-theme.el file, but
>>  the mail bounced (I suspect due to size)/
>
>>         Please send me mail off-list if you want me to send you a copy
>>  of color-theme.el.
>
> My color-theme.el has this header.
>
> ;;; color-theme.el --- install color themes
>
> ;; Copyright (C) 1999, 2000  Jonadab the Unsightly One <address@hidden>
> ;; Copyright (C) 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003  Alex Schroeder <address@hidden>
> ;; Copyright (C) 2003, 2004  Xavier Maillard <address@hidden>
>
> ;; Version: 6.5.5
> ;; Author: Jonadab the Unsightly One <address@hidden>
> ;; Maintainer: Xavier Maillard <address@hidden>
>
> If it's different from yours, please send me your version.

        No, these lines are identical.

        I am at a bit of a loss as to  where to go from here. For ne, at
 least, I am stuck with the version from the Oct 1, or else I can't use
 emacs, -- unless I set the font in every buffer that is openeed.

        manoj
--
A sine curve goes off to infinity, or at least the end of the
blackboard. Prof. Steiner