Re: Window background color

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Window background color
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 13:06:28 +0900

David Reitter <address@hidden> writes:
> It appears that only a frame parameter is used and that the frame is
> cleared using a rif->clear_frame_area call, which is not specific to
> windows.  I haven't found the right fix for this so far.  Would it be
> sensible to change clear_frame_area to establish the right background
> color, i.e. the one associated with the default face appropriate for
> the buffer shown in the window (updated_window), and only default to
> the frame's background?

In my "tiling" branch, I've fixed some of that by adding a "clear window area"
operation that can do window-specific handling, and changing appropriate
callers to use that.

Maybe I should merge some of the more generic changes such as that to
the trunk.

-Miles

--
Infancy, n. The period of our lives when, according to Wordsworth, 'Heaven
lies about us.' The world begins lying about us pretty soon afterward.