Problem building emacs from CVS under MSWindow due to CR/LF and addsecti

From: Vincent Belaiche
Subject: Problem building emacs from CVS under MSWindow due to CR/LF and addsection
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 07:48:49 +0200

Dear all,

Sorry if this problem has been already submitted (actually I could not find
the bug search for emacs under savannah to check this).

I have tried to build the latest CVS version of Emacs, this morning under MSW.

After configuring with configure.bat under cmd.exe, I launched `make
bootstrap' from the MSYS bash shell.

I got the following problem

---------------
/c/Programme/GNU/emacs-install/emacs/nt>make bootstrap
[Please ignore a syntax error on the next line - it is intentional]
/bin/sh.exe: -c: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
/bin/sh.exe: -c: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
', needed by `addsection'.  Stop.

I edited the makefile under emacs, and I realized that there where plenty of
^M charaters which I all removed.

Thene the make could go a bit further. So I can imagine that the 1st problem I
met was due to addsection not understanding the CR characters.

Shall I fill in a bug ?

Best regard,
   Vincent.