vc-hg.el : suggested patch to make hg command configurable

From: Norman Gray
Subject: vc-hg.el : suggested patch to make hg command configurable
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 21:08:51 +0100

Greetings.

Within vc-hg.el, the "hg" command is hard-wired as that precise string, rather than being configurable. This is awkward for me at least, since I organise myself so that tools (potentially in multiple different versions) are kept out of /usr/local and similar, and paged in and out via per-shell adjustments to PATH. But that means that hg typically isn't on the default path that emacs picks up.

Can I therefore offer the following rather trivial patch for vc- hg.el? It works for me....

I got in touch with the original author of vc-hg.el, Ivan Kanis, who redirected me here.

Best wishes,

Norman

% diff vc-hg.el vc-hg-ng.el
108a109
> ;; Norman Gray <address@hidden> added customisation of "hg" command
155c156
<                   "hg" nil t nil "--cwd" (file-name-directory file)
---
> vc-hg-hg-command nil t nil "--cwd" (file-name-directory file)
214c215
<                   "hg" nil t nil "--cwd" (file-name-directory file)
---
> vc-hg-hg-command nil t nil "--cwd" (file-name-directory file)
249a251,252
> (defvar vc-hg-hg-command "hg" "The location of the hg binary")

444c447
<   (apply 'vc-do-command buffer okstatus "hg" file
---
%

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk
Dept Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester