Re: SuperH port

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: SuperH port
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 23:04:00 -0700 (PDT)

Ulrich Mueller <address@hidden> writes:

  > > Isn't there a symbol that the compiler defines differently for
  > > big/little endian?
  >
  > I don't know about the compiler, but glibc's header files define
  > __BYTE_ORDER. I've attached a solution that was tested on GNU/Linux,
  > but should also work on BSD.

I would not be so sure without checking.
Do you have access to compilers for both big and little endian?
If yes, you can look at the difference between the output of:

gcc -xc -E -dM /dev/null

On all the machines that I am aware off that support both big and little
endian the compiler predefines a symbol to distinguish between them.

I'll install this when the endianess issue gets resolved.