describe-categories (was: find-composition still depends on the composit

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: describe-categories (was: find-composition still depends on the composition property)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 02:44:03 +0300

>> By the way, I'd suggest to move the legend generated by
>> describe-categories to the beginning of the buffer, because the buffer
>> is huge and it does not say anywhere at the beginning that there's a
>> legend at the end.  Without the legend, the buffer looks like a large
>> pile of gibberish.
>
> The legend is longer than 40 lines.  If we put that at the
> head, it will occupy the whole first page, which I think is
> not that good.  Saying something like "See the end of the
> buffer for the legend." with "legend" clickable at the first
> line will be good.  What do you think?

The buffer is so long already (ca 27000 lines) that adding 40 lines
at the beginning doesn't make it worse.  Otherwise, it is not obvious
for the user that the legend is at the end, so it is easy to miss it.
A link to the legend will help, but it seems moving 40 lines to the
beginning is not a bad thing.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/