Re: enhancement/wish

From: Bernhard Koenig
Subject: Re: enhancement/wish
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 03:40:22 -0400

> From what I see, LaTeX-mode-hook does not set its own tool bar map.  So you
> should not have to do anything. It should work.  Are you sure recentf-mode
> is on when you switch to latex-mode?

I found my problem with LaTeX-mode-hook: I had the line
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'LaTeX-install-toolbar)
in my .emacs which overwrites tool-bar-map. But then I commented out
this line (I think it might be obsolete) and everything worked.

> As for info mode, just put your code in a defun:
>
> (defun my-tool-bar-addition ()
>  ;; the code you have goes here
> )
>
> (add-hook 'Info-mode-hook 'my-tool-bar-addition)

Yes, I did that, see my mail 30 min earlier. Hmm, is it info-mode-hook
or Info-mode-hook?

> For other modes, you have to find their hook variable.
> AFAIK, there is no way to add an item to "all tool bars", so it
> automatically gets added to new tool bars that modes may install.  Maybe we
> need such a command.

It would be nice to have global hook, something that incorporates all
hooks, or at least almost all of them.

Best,
Bernhard