Re: emacsclient unsuspend error (using -daemon)

From: Marc-André Lureau
Subject: Re: emacsclient unsuspend error (using -daemon)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 02:32:39 +0200

Hi

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 12:31 AM, Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> wrote:
> "Marc-André Lureau" <address@hidden> writes:
> OS?

Sorry, forgot that:

Linux pipo 2.6.26-1-686 #1 SMP Thu Oct 9 15:18:09 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

Debian unstable/experimental.

> Are you sure that this "emacs-snapshot" that you are running here is the
> same as the one you compiled yesterday?
> By default emacs does not create anything called emacs-snapshot...

Yes, it's the debian emacs-snapshot package, that I used to compile
with the up to date repository verson.

> Please run emacsclient from lib-src/emacsclient to make sure the correct
> version is used.

address@hidden ~/git/emacs (master)$ src/emacs -Q -daemon
("src/emacs" "-Q")
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
address@hidden ~/git/emacs (master)$ lib-src/emacsclient -t
address@hidden ~/git/emacs (master)$ fg
lib-src/emacsclient -t
*ERROR*: Invalid terminal device

> What terminal emulator are you using?  Can you try to attach with gdb to
> emacsclient and see where the error is coming from?

I tried with xterm (235), gnome-terminal 2.22.3, and urxvt 9.05. I use
X.org 1.5.2 (7.4~4)

Gdb session:

some SIGSTPT and SIGSTOP

Breakpoint 1, send_to_emacs (s=3, data=0x804ad20 "-suspend \n")

some SIGSTPT and SIGSTOP

Breakpoint 3, 0x46a95c36 in fprintf ()
(gdb) print string
$1 = "-error Invalid terminal device\0

Note: this happen during "suspend", not the resume.

could you help me to digg into emacs, where should I set the bp?

thanks
--
Marc-André Lureau