Re: size of emacs executable after unicode merge

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: size of emacs executable after unicode merge
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 17:30:41 -0500

    > > Maybe simpler would be to build this table as we do now, then print it
    > > into a file.  Then the "dump" doesn't need to build the table, it can
    > > just read it from the file.

    > Handa-san, could you comment on this?

    I think it doesn't work.  Emacs needs that table and the other
    mapping char-tables to decode non-ascii characters in files
    that are loaded before dumping.

Any table which is needed by Emacs to read those files
will inevitably be include in the dumped Emacs.

Can we arrange to autoload (later) the files which need these tables?

    Anoher way to avoid this problem is, I think, to have a
    portable dumper.

Do you mean a portable replacement for unexelf and friends?
How would that help this?
I don't see the connection.