Re: size of emacs executable after unicode merge

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: size of emacs executable after unicode merge
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 13:00:01 +0900

Richard M. Stallman writes:
 >     Maybe not at present in Emacs, but as far as I know those blocks *are*
 >     relocated by XEmacs's portable dumper.
 >
 > The C library allocates some, and Emacs can't tell where the
 > pointers to them are kept.

So what?  The XEmacs portable dumper does not unexec, so those are
lost anyway AIUI.

 > How is it possible to relocate all blocks of memory?

Why ask me?  I already said I don't know, and gave names and addresses
of those who should be able to give useful answers about whether the
XEmacs technology leads to recovery of memory in practice, or could.

Please ask the experts.