Re: file-precious-flag not taken seriously enough?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: file-precious-flag not taken seriously enough?
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 18:18:45 -0500

Kevin Rodgers <address@hidden> writes:
> In case the usual file saving method results in a problem (which
> file-precious-flag was set to prevent), shouldn't there be a warning
> message here to inform the user?  Not to distract him/her, but so that
> they can find a clue in the *Messages* buffer after something has gone
> wrong.

Or another option: at least flash a message that file-precious-flag is
going to be ignored, when that's the case.

However, for now I'm just going to change the file-precious-flag
documentation to indicate that it is advisory.  This was all just stuff
I found on the way to making another change, which I'd still like to
make :-).