Re: isearch and M-y/C-y

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: isearch and M-y/C-y
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:26:13 -0500

       The current search C-y feature needs to be easy to type in order to
       be any use.  I think C-M-y would be too inconvenient, so it would
       almost have the effect of eliminating this feature.

    We use C-M-w already, and other C-M- combinations, so I cannot see how
    that would be any more inconvient.

Maybe THOSE commands are still useful even if they are a little less
convenient.

(I don't know; I don't use them myself.)