Re: bogus extra RET required when entering filenames (etc)?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: bogus extra RET required when entering filenames (etc)?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 18:12:06 +0900

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:
>> This was from the recent introduction of the variable
>> confirm-nonexistent-file-or-buffer---previously
>> find-file-confirm-nonexistent-file---which had its default set as t.
>> I've checked in a fix to switch the default to nil.
> But Miles said the file already existed.  Why was he asked for
> confirmation then?

Actually I went back and redid my test, and realized that although I had
already visited that file and added some contents, so the buffer
existed, I had never _saved_ the file, so there wasn't yet anything on

I suppose one could make an argument that find-file should consider that
state as "existing" and not require confirmation, but one could also
argue that the current behavior is correct...

Rational, adj. Devoid of all delusions save those of observation, experience
and reflection.