Re: hash-table-{to, from}-alist

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: hash-table-{to, from}-alist
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 21:27:18 +0900

address@hidden writes:

 > On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 10:18:41PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
 > [...]
 > > I was thinking of something more like #<hash-table ...> where "..."
 > > would contain the props and then the key/value pairs.  I.e. an extension
 > > of the current (un`read'able syntax).
 >
 > I like this one more: it is more extensible (not that lots of extensions
 > will spring up, but at least the syntax is not in the way if someday...
 > you know).

I'm not sure what's wrong with

        (let ((tbl (make-hash-table ...)))
          (puthash key1 val1 tbl)
          ...)

as a read syntax for hash tables.

N.B. XEmacs and SXEmacs already have lots of object types.  If you're
going to start proliferating `read'able print syntaxes, starting with
an extensible one would be nice.