Re: org changes lost

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: org changes lost
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:19:53 -0500

> I've set up such a system.

Good.

> Carsten, if you're okay with this, I can automatically forward
> org-related emails from [emacs-commit] and [emacs-diffs] to you.

IIUC emacs-diffs should now be a superset of emacs-commit, so
emacs-commit should not be necessary.

> I've not done this for all Emacs projects so far, partly because the
> MAINTAINERS file might not be 100% accurate,

It's OK if it's not accurate: that will hopefully prompt people to make
it more accurate.  But the main source of such info is in the header of
each Elisp file (look for ";; Author:" or ";; Maintainer: " in the
section between the first line and the ";;; Commentary").  Look at
lisp-mnt.el for some utility functions that can find that field for you.

> partly because I want to check the system behaves correctly, and

Good.

> partly because I'm lazy.

Good.

> If any maintainer needs such a forward, let me know.

Please do it unconditionally.  People should explicitly "opt out" rather
than explicitly "opt in".

        Stefan