files.el: Once again impossible to turn off dir-settings

From: T.V. Raman
Subject: files.el: Once again impossible to turn off dir-settings
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 14:19:44 -0800

Yes, please introduce a customization option that disables
dir-local settings.

   Juri> Perhaps we should add a similar variable
   Juri> `enable-dir-local-variables' that will disable only dir-local
   Juri> variables.

   It sounds like a decent idea to me.

   My objection to customizing the file name was based on the (presumed)
   social consequences. IMO there aren't any such consequences to one
   user privately disabling a feature.

   Tom

--
Best Regards,