Re: numeri

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: numeri
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 17:50:54 -0500

>> (get-char-code-property ?4 'numeric-value)
> Actually, why not make the above return the number 4?  The Unicode

Agreed.  It says `numeric-value' so it should return a number.
I understand that 1/5 cannot be represented exactly as a number in Elisp
right now, but the floating point approximation should be sufficient: we
can recover the /15 fraction from it, if really needed, by considering
additional assumptions such as "this is the numeric value of a unicode
char".

        Stefan