Release update

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Release update
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 21:43:01 -0500

Hi fellas,

Here's a short update on the Emacs 23 release process.  We are getting
pretty close, and currently there are two main things to do before
starting the pretest: adding ruby-mode to the CVS repository, and making
rmail-mbox/pmail ready for use.

The papers for ruby-mode are already in the mail; many thanks to Phil
Hagelberg for helping get them signed.  Hopefully, we'll get the
go-ahead from the FSF to add ruby-mode to the repository within a week
or so.  The version of ruby-mode that we hope to commit to CVS is
currently hosted by Phil at

http://github.com/technomancy/rinari/tree/master%2Futil%2Fruby-mode.el?raw=true

so take a look and see if you can spot any problems.

Rmail-mbox/pmail is going less well, as RMS does not think the new code
is ready for use.  If any of you have the time, please offer to help
Paul Reilly fix bugs in the pmail code.  Much appreciated.

Hopefully, we are still on track to start pretest sometime in December;
let's see.