desktop.el and his lock file

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: desktop.el and his lock file
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 22:26:58 +0100

Hi, may be i found a bug in desktop.el:
when killing emacs brutally like with killall or something like that,
emacs when starting again, if desktop is used, use the file
.emacs.desktop.lock (default)
I think emacs should check if the pid that is in this file is always in
use.

here is the code i put after line 967 in desktop.el:

the function is desktop-read
,----
| (if (and owner
|          (eq 0 (call-process-shell-command (format "ps -u %s | grep emacs |
grep %d" (getenv "USER") owner)))
`----
that seem to work fine here.
May be you can provide something better.
I know there is a variable (`desktop-load-locked-desktop') to avoid
that, but if we forget to set it and we use new feature emacs --daemon,
that can hang the system. (it's what it did this afternoon for me!)
Anyway i will submit a bug also.
Thanks.
--
A + Thierry Volpiatto