Re: multi-threaded Emacs

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: multi-threaded Emacs
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 03:45:46 -0500

It could be a useful package to develop further, for general purposes.
I cannot tell whether it might be useful in Emacs because your message
does not address the crucial questions.

    It uses the two level scheduling model, i.e. we have m user level
    threads running on top of n kernel threads.

Is the distinction between user-level threads and kernel threads
a matter of optimization, or is it a user-level feature?

Under what circumstances does it switch threads?

For the user, how does this differ from pthreads?