Re: multi-threaded Emacs

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: multi-threaded Emacs
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 11:49:36 +0900

dhruva writes:

 > I hope there will be a branch with this code sometime soon being
 > updated from HEAD constantly. I will then be able to play with this
 > along with the bleeding edge features on HEAD.

Why don't you just make one?  I'm seriously asking; there are several
tools such as cvs2svn and tailor.  Those two are both written in
Python, which means they should be fairly portable, including to
Windows.

Have you tried one or more of these and failed?

Making a serious mirror and providing the service to third parties is
a relatively demanding task.  But for local use you can put up with
the occasional CRLF vs. NL bogosity and other minor issues that
typically arise.  Ie, maintaining a local mirror is well within the
scope of effort suggested by "play with bleeding edge features."