Re: Chinese punctuation symbol can't be displayed on windows 2000.

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Chinese punctuation symbol can't be displayed on windows 2000.
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 23:21:02 +0800

anhnmncb wrote:
I've tested the same .emacs with windows xp, vista, only 2000 has this
issue, Chinese fonts are ok, but Chinese punctuations.

I also notice that if I replace the system's courer and simsun fonts
with vista's, then issue was gone.

This seems to suggest that the Windows 2000 version of the font is failing to claim support for the cjk-misc block of characters. What does the following report when you evaluate it from the *scratch* buffer? (press C-j after entering it)

(list-fonts (font-spec :script "cjk-misc"))