RE: prefix arg when mouse clicking on header

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: RE: prefix arg when mouse clicking on header
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 02:25:23 +0100

On Sun Dec 14 2008 Drew Adams wrote:
> (interactive "e\nP") works for me.
>
> For example, try the version of `mouse-yank-secondary' in `mouse+.el', with
> `second-sel.el' also loaded. If `mouse-yank-secondary' is bound to, say,
> `M-mouse-2', then `C-u 3 M-mouse-2' yanks the 3rd most recent secondary
> selection.
>
> The code for that, as an example, is here:
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/mouse%2b.el ; mouse+.el
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/second-sel.el

Is this code supposed to work for header lines, too? I agree that I
have no problem with (interactive "e\nP") inside the main part of
the buffer. And the following code works too.

(interactive (list last-input-event current-prefix-arg))

Yet for the header line, I need to replace current-prefix-arg by
last-prefix-arg. Why?

And is there a common meaning for the prefix `last-' of
last-input-event and last-prefix-arg? Or is this coincidence accidental?

Roland