[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: image cache
Re: image cache
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:09:30 -0500
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.0.60 (gnu/linux)
>>>> BTW, does anyone know why each frame has an image cache (even though
>>>> there's really only one image cache per terminal)?
>>> A left-over from before multi-tty?
>> I don't think it's related. The same "problem" was there in Emacs-22,
>> and Emacs-21.
> Note that fixing requires changing all the functions in image.c that
> require a frame argument, so that they use a terminal argument instead.
> Otherwise, if you associate image caches to terminals, you run into
> problems with terminals that have no frame (e.g. terminals created using
> x-open-connection), because you can't supply those image functions with
> a frame argument.
Yes, such a change will/would imply a whole bunch of changes, indeed.
I'm just wondering what is the reason for having chosen frames rather
than terminals when writing the code. Seeing the current state of the
code, it appears that terminals would have been a much more natural
choice, so either I'm missing something, or something has changed which
makes it the natural choice now even tho it wasn't earlier, or the
author had some odd notion of "natural" (or maybe didn't even think
much about it and just chose it arbitrarily).
Re: Memory leak in keyboard variables?, Stefan Monnier, 2008/12/11
Re: Memory leak in keyboard variables?, Kenichi Handa, 2008/12/14
Re: Memory leak in keyboard variables?, Kenichi Handa, 2008/12/15
Re: Memory leak in keyboard variables?, Chetan Pandya, 2008/12/15
- Re: Memory leak in keyboard variables?, Chong Yidong, 2008/12/14
- image cache (was: Memory leak in keyboard variables?), Stefan Monnier, 2008/12/14
- Re: image cache (was: Memory leak in keyboard variables?), Eli Zaretskii, 2008/12/14
- Re: image cache, Stefan Monnier, 2008/12/15
- Re: image cache, Chong Yidong, 2008/12/15
- Re: image cache,
Stefan Monnier <=
- Re: image cache, Miles Bader, 2008/12/15
- Re: image cache, Chetan Pandya, 2008/12/15
- Re: image cache, Chetan Pandya, 2008/12/16