Re: Terminology in multi-tty primitives

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Terminology in multi-tty primitives
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 20:47:50 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden,
> address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 01:25:15 -0500
>
> >> BTW, what's up with the test (eq window-system 'pc) in
> >> make-frame-on-tty?  Does it really do something useful?
>
> > Yes: it makes the function work on MS-DOS.
>
> You mean the MS-DOS port supports multiple "tty"s?

Yes, in the sense that all the APIs introduced by multi-tty do work in
the MS-DOS port if they make sense on DOS.

For example, make-frame-on-tty does make sense on MS-DOS when its
first arg is "/dev/tty" or "CON", so I didn't want it to fail just
because it assumed that on a tty, the value of window-system _must_ be
nil.