w32-pass-rwindow-to-system

From: MON KEY
Subject: w32-pass-rwindow-to-system
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 20:57:19 -0500

Can anyone confirm if setting the following variables to `nil' is
working correctly on w32:

w32-pass-rwindow-to-system
w32-pass-lwindow-to-system

I have the following set and working as expected for multi key sequences:
(setq-default w32-lwindow-modifier 'super
w32-rwindow-modifier 'hyper)

E.g.  s-s and H-s return `*-s is undefined' in the minibuffer
 So, I know that Emacs is catching on <super> and <hyper> key sequences.

Is it normal/expected behavior for the w32 System to open 'Start' on
vanilla lwindow rwindow key preses without a modifer?
The docstring on the respective functions shows that this is a fairly
low level interaction and suggests looking at the
`w32-phantom-key-code' docs. The docs suggest that Emacs is passing a
"phantom" type values when pressing lwindow rwindow while Emacs is
active.

C-h v w32-phantom-key-code shows my system with the value of
`w32-phantom-key-code' at 255.

System is:
GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)  of 2008-10-23 on
LENNART-69DE564 (patched)
CUA is not enabled.
Using Happy Hacking Keyboard Lite with dipswitches set to 1101 i.e.
[win][alt][space][alt][win] config.