Re: aggravating confirm plugger

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: aggravating confirm plugger
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 18:19:22 -0600

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> Harry Putnam <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> How can I turn off the aggravating [confirm] plugger I see whenever I
>> attempt to open a non-existent file.
>>
>>   So as to help prevent doing it by mistake when you mistyped.
>>   Set confirm-nonexistent-file-or-buffer to nil to get back the old
>>   behavior (or just hit RET twice, of course).
>>
>> But setting  confirm-nonexistent-file-or-buffer to nil hasn't turned
>> it off for me... maybe something has changed since then?
>>
>> (I'm running todays cvs of emacs-23)
>
> I can't reproduce this.  Please provide a precise recipe, beginning with
> `emacs -Q'.

Sorry, I can't either... apparently I'd gotten distracted and
neglected to run `make install' after

  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/src/cvs/test && make

And so my symlink at /usr/local/bin/emacs was still linked to something
earlier ... not sure how much earlier but probably at least several
wks.  Sorry for the line noise