Re: Pretest next week

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Pretest next week
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:58:51 +0900

> Do you have any technical suggestions as to how to handle it given
> that SIGIO seems not to be available?  As I posted, polling
> (keyboard.c start_polling(), stop_polling(), etc.) seems not to
> happen through the QUIT macro (perhaps it did at one time but the
> functionality was lost after all terms went to SIGIO-based?).

> One thing that would work would be to update the polling timer
> inside the QUIT macro (under HAVE_NS of course), so that
> poll_for_input() would eventually get called.  But I don't know if
> there are reasons this would be dangerous or something, or if there
> would be another way.

Those seem to be problems that are common to the systems that use
polling instead of SIGIO.  I think you can rather concentrate on Feval
removal for now, leaving those problems to others.  In particular, if
you are planning to call read_socket_hook at the QUIT timings, you
should never start menu bar tracking there.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden