Re: New paren matching feature request

From: A. Soare
Subject: Re: New paren matching feature request
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:04:10 +0100 (CET)

> Message: 9
> Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:31:44 -0500
> From: Richard M Stallman <address@hidden>
> Subject: New paren matching feature request
> To: address@hidden
>
> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 06:53:31 +0100 (CET)
> Subject: Re: Happy Chinese New Year!
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
>
> what I meant is to use different colors for nested parentheses of
> Lisp code, indicating the hierarchy or the layers, e.g. the outermost
> parentheses displayed in red, while the innermost one is violet.
> We can try the solar spectrum for them.

If you remember, a few months ago I have written an automaton that in one
for-loop over a sexp; it returned a list of the correct indentation for that
sexp. It also can return a list of the positions and the deep-level of every
sexp. More that that, I have said then that it is identically to the automaton
from `parse-partial-sexp`. I have told then that my code can be used to
colorize all the paranthesis into a different color depending of the level.

I do not understand why nobody considered my code. Otherwise I could have
re-writen it in C and included in parse-partial-sexp, and this one could have
returned information about indentation too.

Écoutez en un clic votre musique préférée et découvrez de nouveaux titres en
affinité avec vos goûts sur http://musiline.voila.fr