pop-to-buffer: Wrong type argument: window-live-p, nil

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: pop-to-buffer: Wrong type argument: window-live-p, nil
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:44:33 -0800

Hi,

Using the latest from CVS, I'm getting the following error whenever I
try to jump to a buffer using pop-to-buffer (for example from a link in
a *grep* buffer).  Though the target buffer is opened it is not brought
to the front.

,----[*Messages*]
| Grep finished (matches found)
| Mark set
| pop-to-buffer: Wrong type argument: window-live-p, nil
`----

I've been having this problem for a while now, and it persists even when
starting Emacs with -Q.  If it's relevant, I'm using Xubuntu as my OS.

Any ideas or suggestions?

If there's a more appropriate place for me to take issues like this in
the future please let me know, and forgive the misplaced post.

Thanks -- Eric