Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:50:48 -0500

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
> No idea, but who said anything about blocking?

Sorry -- didn't mean to jump to conclusions.

> But it's a bit worrying that even bugs that should be very easy to fix
> (like the diff bug) don't get addressed...

Oh, that doesn't worry me so much.  Like any active project (say, Emacs,
*cough* *cough* :-) ) bzr gets more bug reports than it can process.
Triage is eternal.  There are many bugs that are "easy to fix", but
developer attention is still finite, and of course each fix needs a
regression test, which is frequently more work than the bugfix itself.

I have my eye on the diff bug.  The only reason I haven't started it is
that I want to a) finish this switchover work first, which is not
non-trivial, and b) finish #306394, which also affects Emacs in
particular.

The 'log SUBDIR' bug #97715 is deeper, and like #246891 ('log -v is
slow') it requires structural changes under the hood.  (I mention those
two together because 'log -v' would otherwise have been a workaround for
#97715.)  I'll do what I can to push those along.

-Karl