Re: replacing python.el

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: replacing python.el
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 02:00:46 -0500

Richard M Stallman wrote:

> Since Andreas Röhler is unwilling to sign legal papers for his
> code in python.el, we cannot use it in Emacs.
> Would anyone like to implement for python-mode.el whatever
> nice features python.el may have?  Barry, could you make a TODO list?

You've got this backwards.

Emacs includes python.el, written by Dave Love, about which there is
no legal problem.

python-mode.el is the alternative, which has several contributors
including Andreas R. This has never been included in Emacs.

There is no legal problem affecting python.el distributed with GNU