Re: VC Development

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: VC Development
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 21:16:58 +1300

 > Seeing obviously wrong stuff like this:
 > +;; Keep existing map.
 > +(defvar vc-dir-mouse-map
 > +  (let ((map vc-dir-mode-map))
 > +    (define-key map [mouse-2] 'vc-dir-find-file-other-window)
 > +    map)
 > +  "Local keymap for visiting a file.")
 > I don't have time to fix it properly now, so the best thing to do is to
 > revert it.  I don't have time to waist on an email discussion for such
 > a trivial issue.

OK.  I see now that I should have used copy-keymap:

(defvar vc-dir-mouse-map
  (let ((map (copy-keymap vc-dir-mode-map)))

I would like to see this change go in before the pretest.  Since I'm evidently
in Dan's killfile this must be a request to the maintainers.  In case there
is any confusion, with my proposed change, mouse-2 still toggles the mark when
clicked over the status (first mouse highlight region) but over the filename
(second mouse highlight region) now visits that file in another buffer.

I would also like to see stay-local behaviour working.  I can look at making
vc-svn-registered not use "svn status -v DIR", so that vc-stay-local-p is not
so slow, but clearly it is not worthwhile if Dan is going to revert all my
changes and refuse to discuss the reasons why.