Re: Don't report new bugs for Rmail??

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Don't report new bugs for Rmail??
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 21:22:56 -0500

Glenn Morris wrote (on Sun, 1 Feb 2009 at 21:20 -0500):

> Since we assign bugs to both the emacs _and_ the rmail package, does
> this mean we will start getting two copies of things? I regret to say
> I am confused.

I think Jason had it right:

    For other sub-packages that come under the umbrella of the emacs
    developers, we have assigned bugs to "emacs,PACKAGE", so that the
    sub-package can be used as a filter in the web interface, but the emacs
    maintainers continue to be kept in the loop.

    People don't file bugs against those packages, since the only address
    for filing bugs is for emacs. But they might get reassigned later.