Re: VC Development

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: VC Development
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 19:54:44 +1300

 > That looks OK, yes.
 > You may want to wrap the code of vc-dir-find-file-other-window inside
 > a save-selected-window since posn-set-point may change the window.
 > Also I'd use last-nonmenu-event since that's what is used by
 > interactive's "e" code.  IIUC that would allow it work if the command is
 > put on a contextual pop-up menu.

I've used last-nonmenu-event but trying save-selected-window put the file in
the *vc-dir* buffer if that was not already selected - so I gave up.  I think
the window holding the visited file should become the selected window because
that's presumably where the user wants to go.  I was trying to get it to work
like dired-mouse-find-file-other-window, which doesn't move the cursor in the
dired window, but I couldn't find a way to get it to work for all cases.