Long tool tip delay

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Long tool tip delay
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 09:18:36 +0100

I just compiled the latest pretest and it seems to work mostly fine -
the NEWS file mentions a lot of goodies. However, I noticed one
strange thing with the tool tips that appear when you hover over an
icon in the toolbar: it takes many seconds before they appear. I am
sure this is not the intent because if I start emacs with -Q it works
fine. So obviously it is something in my .emacs, or something that it
loads, or some of the hundred Desktop-loaded files, that makes it
behave like this.

Any ideas on where to begin looking for the cause? I should mention
that I seldom use the toolbar so it is not very important to me and I
am not prepared to put much time into investigating this but if
someone have any lisp snippets to try out I am willing to do that.

Thanks!