Re: Recognize mbox files?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Recognize mbox files?
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:18:44 +0200

> From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 13:51:51 +0900
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Richard M Stallman writes:
>
>  > I normally use *.xmail for these files.
>  > I think others use *.mbox.
>  > But the general idea would work.
>
> As long as Rmail munges the file without asking

It just adds one or two X-SOMETHING headers, that's all.

(I'm not saying that I'm in favor of autodetection, but "munges" is
greatly exaggerated, IMO.)

> Otherwise, Rmail will have to be considered risky for use by mail
> admins.

Heh, what it does nowadays is nothing compared with what it did before
the mbox merge: it would convert the file to Babyl!  How's that for
``risky''?