Re: Emacs 23.0.91 pretest

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.0.91 pretest
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:28:21 +0200

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 20:35:51 -0500
>
> Emacs pretest 23.0.91 is now available for download via FTP, at the
> following location:
>
>   http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-23.0.91.tar.gz
>
> The xdelta against the previous pretest, 23.0.90, is here:
>
>   http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-23.0.90-23.0.91.xdelta
>
> This is the second pretest for what will be the Emacs 23.1 release.
>
> Pretesters: please send an email to me reporting success or failure on
> your build platform.

This pretest compiles with --without-x and works on the following
system:

  Linux fencepost 2.6.16.29-xen #1 SMP Wed Dec 6 07:32:36 EST 2006 x86_64
GNU/Linux

However, the problem with gratuitous compilation of Lisp files, which
was reported in Bug #2151, is still there.  I will send a separate
message as a followup to the bug report, suggesting some new ideas on
how to resolve that.